Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-
The evil day comes to all of us. What is the evil day? When you find yourself in temptation to sin or when you find yourself in a test or trial. The scripture commands us to be strong. After all the greater one lives in us and He will put you over in the evil day so you come out stronger than before! We live in a world that is hostile to our faith and it would be foolish to think you are never going to encounter resistance, misunderstanding, discrimination or outright persecution.
How do you stand strong? You gird yourself with spiritual armor. Or you could say it this way, you dress yourself with the knowledge of who you are and what you possess. So here is what is in your closet that you need to put on everyday!
1. A mind renewed in the truth of God’s Word.
2. An understanding of your righteousness in Christ.
3. Supernatural peace knowing you are one with God who is on your side.
4. Overcoming faith that is persuaded by the promises of God.
5. Salvation—supernatural expectation of God’s delivering power in every situation.
6. Your sword—speaking the Word of God to your mountains and over yourself
7. Praying in the Holy Ghost that builds you up for the fight.
You could call it dressing for success. When you put these things in play you CAN’T lose! So stand and having done all stand strong! God will not let you fail!